Irish Life 2011 Claims Statistics
This map shows the amount of Specified Illness Cover (SIC) and Death Claims paid out by Irish Life in 2011. The info is broken down by county.
Specified Illness Claims (SIC)
- In 2011, Irish Life paid out over €35.8 million in specified illness cover.
- The average payment in 2011 was €59,379.
- The main causes of claims were malignant cancer 62%, heart-related conditions 22%, strokes 4% and multiple sclerosis 4%.
- In 2011, Irish Life paid out more than €81.5 million.
- The average payment was over €62,158 per claim.
- The average age of adult claims was 61.
- Cancer was the biggest cause of claims, accounting for 44%.