- €112.4 million paid in Life Insurance for 1,714 deceased customers
- €56.4 million paid for 810 Specified Illness Cover claims
- That’s €449,800 in Life Insurance claims and €225,600 in Specified Illness Cover claims every working day during 2013
- Cancer and heart-related complaints remain the two main overall causes of both Life Insurance and Specified Illness Cover claims
- Significant gender differences – percentage of heart related conditions for men was double the rate for women
- Almost half (47%) of all life cover claims for people under 40 were as a result of accidents Largest Life Insurance payment was €1.15 million and largest Specified Illness Cover claim was €1.1 million
Welcome to Ireland’s newest health Insurer, Irish Life Health. Bringing fresh options and innovation to the health insurance market.