The cookies used on irishlife.ie are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
- Strictly Necessary
Strictly Necessary cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to...
- Remember things like information you've entered on forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session.
- Identify you as being logged in to your Irishlife.ie account
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works.
Cookies we have defined as Strictly Necessary cookies will NOT be used to...
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you.
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'strictly necessary'.
|IPE_S_106253, ASP.NET_SessionId, JSESSIONID, ecm||Cookies set by our web servers and Content Management System. They expire when you leave the site.|
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you - all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use these Performance cookies to...
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- See how effective our adverts are (we don't use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites)
- Provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This lets our partners improve their website, but we don't allow our partners to reuse this information for further advertising
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
Cookies we have defined as Performance cookies will NOT be used to...
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
- Target adverts to you on any other website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Using our site indicates that you accept the use of 'Performance' cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'Performance'.
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmd, __utmv, __utmz||
Google Analytics (Google Analytics). This is what we use to measure activity on our website. Typically these cookies expire after 2 years.
|id, _drt_||DoubleClick Targeting Cookie (doubleclick.com) used to add demographics and interests information only, to our Google analytics data.|
|optimizelyBuckets, optimizelyEndUserId, optimizelyPendingLogEvents||A/B testing software which we use to test variations of web pages. (Optimizely.com). These cookies have a long life - up to 10 years.|
|_mkto_trk||Marketing Automation and Lead Management Software. (marketo.com). These cookies have a long life - up to 2 years.|
|PRUM_EPISODES||This cookie measures the page load speed and uptime to identify pages that don't perform as we would like. (Pingdom.com).|
'Functionality' cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use Functionality cookies to...
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours.
- Remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey.
- Provide proactive live chat sessions to offer you support.
- Show you when you're logged in to the website.
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites.
Cookies defined as 'Functionality' will not be used to...
- Target you with adverts on other websites.
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties - where this is the case we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services.
Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties' own tools to prevent these cookies.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'Functionality'.
|di, dt, ,is_returning, loc, psc, ssc, ssh, sshs, uid, uit, uvc,||Add This - Share content on Facebook, Twitter etc (addthis.com). The life time of these cookies vary from 2 months to 2 years, depending on the social media site involved.|
APISID, HSID, NID, PREF, S, SAPISID, SID, SSID, S_awfe, docsperf, BEAT, ULS
|Google+ (plusone.google.com). The life time of these cookies varies from 1 day to 10 years.|
'Targeting' cookies are linked to services provided by third parties. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use Targeting cookies to...
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in
These cookies are present on very specific pages on our site, for example, if you visit our site upon clicking an advertisement on another website. You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services.
All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties' own tools to prevent these cookies.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'Targeting'.
|AA002, MUID||Targeting Cookie (atlassolutions.com).|
Information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org (This is an external website with whom Irish Life has no affiliation or responsibility for content)
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu