2015 - €204 million in claims paid to customers
- €103 million paid out for families of 1,551 people who died.
- The average payment was €66,462
- Cancer was the biggest cause of death claims.
- Higher percentage of women (48%) died from cancer than men (39%).
- Over 1 in 3 death claims for people under 40 were due to accidents.
Specified Illness Claims (SIC)
- €48M was paid out in 763 Specified Illness Cover claims.
- 40% of claims were to people under age 50.
- Men made up over half of Specified Illness claims, with women making up 42%.
- Breast cancer was the number 1 overall cause of all Specified Illness claims.
- For men, prostate cancer was the main cause of cancer related claims.