2016 - €171 million in claims paid to customers
- €113.6 million paid out for families of 1,699 people who died.
- The average payment was €66,880.
- Cancer was the biggest cause of death claims.
- Over half of women died from cancer, compared to 41% of men.
- Accidents were the second biggest cause of death claims for people under 40.
Specified Illness Claims (SIC)
- €53.6M was paid out in 861 Specified Illness Cover claims.
- Over a third of claims were to people under age 50.
- Cancer was the main cause of Specified Illness claims for Women (74%).
- Men made up 85% of Specified Illness claims for heart related conditions.
- For men, Prostate Cancer was the main cause of cancer related claims.
- For women, Breast Cancer was the main cause of cancer related claims.