The information below relates to claims paid by the Retail division of Irish Life.
Life Insurance Claims
- €119.6 million paid out to the families of 1,805 people who died.
- The average payment was €66,276.
- Over half of women’s claims were for cancer, and 4 in 10 men’s claims.
- There were twice as many claims for heart related conditions for men than women.
Specified Illness Claims (SIC)
- €58.8 million paid out for 897 claims.
- The average payment was €65,598.
- Over 1 in 3 adults claiming were under 50 years of age.
- 2 in every 3 claims were for cancer (malignant), followed by heart conditions (diagnosed) at almost 1 in 5.
- Four times more claims by men for heart related conditions (diagnosed).