Home » Investments » Investments Hub » What is Clear Regular Invest
Clear regular invest - regular savings plan

What is Clear Regular Invest?

Investing in one, big lump sum isn’t for everyone. Some people prefer to drip feed their investment pot with smaller, more affordable amounts, like a regular savings account.

Clear Regular Invest allows you to build your investment and just like our lump sum product you have the option of investing in one fund or a combination of funds.

What can I invest in?

We want regular investors to have the benefit of choice to. We offer a choice of three carefully selected property and managed funds, along with the full range of Irish Life MAPS® - our five multi-asset portfolio funds available across Irish Life pension, investment and savings plans.

Who is Clear Regular Invest for?

Clear Regular Invest is a smart alternative for savers who:

  • Want to aim for higher returns than saving deposit accounts currently offer
  • Can invest a minimum of €100 each month
  • Are comfortable committing their money for at least five years and
  • Want to benefit from expert fund management

Binoculars pointed to the sea

Can I track my performance?

Absolutely. Our 24/7 online service means you can check performance and make changes to your fund allocation whenever you like, free of charge. If you’re invested or interested in the Irish Life MAPS® funds, we also publish a detailed update four times a year, with expert market commentary and a full breakdown of the fund’s asset allocation and performance. You’ll find them on our website.

Who manages investments - handshake

Who will manage my investment?

Irish Life Investment Managers Ltd. (ILIM) is our appointed investment manager, so they’ll manage any investment you make. They’re an award-winning team recognised for their experience and investment track record, which brings its own reassurance for investors who want to know they’re money is in good hands.

Read:What do investment fund managers do?

Does the government levy apply?

The government impose a levy of 1% on all Clear Invest and Clear Regular Invest plans. If for example, you decided to invest €100 per month, a 1% or €1 fee would be paid as a levy, and the remaining 99% would be invested in your plan.

How can I get started?

If you’re thinking about investing and need help starting your journey, we recommend talking to a financial advisor, who can walk you thought the product in more detail.
We have an online quiz that can help you decide what type of investor you are too – another great starting point if you’re still finding your investment feet.


Irish Life provide life insurance, pension and investment plans and recommend getting professional financial advice before making financial decisions.

Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.
Warning: These funds may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
Warning: If you invest in this product you may lose some or all of the money you invest.