Mortgage Life Insurance, commonly known as mortgage protection is a common form of life insurance. It ensures that your mortgage will be paid off if you die during the term of your plan. Most banks will require that you have mortgage protection in place prior to granting you a mortgage.
Benefits of Mortgage Protection
Our mortgage protection plan is called Mortgage Life Insurance. This plan pays out a cash lump sum if you die during ther term of your plan. When taking out Mortgage Protection you can often add on a Specified Illness plan which will provide a cash lump sum to help you continue to pay off your mortgage and other bills should you be diagnosed with one of the specified Illness covered by the plan.
Some important points regarding our Mortgage Protection plan:
- You must be aged between 18 and 74.
- The maximum term is 40 years or up to age 85.
- You must keep up you payments to stay on cover
- The amount you pay is guaranteed to stay the same for the entire period that you are insured for.
- You cannot change the amount of cover you have though it will decrease as the amount that remains on your mortgage decreases.
Find out more about other services that may be available to you like LifeCare.