Irish Life is the No. 1 Life Insurer based on market share in 2014.
Here are just 5 reasons why Irish Life is number 1 for protecting families in Ireland.
1. Our Claims Promise
In 2014 we paid
- €218 million in life insurance and specified illness cover claims
- On average OVER €4 million per week
- 98% of all life insurance claims and 91% of all specified illness cover claims we received.
Find out more about our 2014 claims
2. LifeCare range of services
You get access to LifeCare services as standard on a range of new life insurance plans – all at no extra cost. This gives you and your family valuable access to expert assistance and services such MedCare , a second medical opinion service and NurseCare, a confidential nurse helpline, and ClaimsCare, 3 counselling sessions for Irish Life claimants and their family.
Find out more about LifeCare
3. Our quick service
In 2014 we paid within 1 month
- almost 6 out of 10 specified illness cover claims, and
- just under half of all life insurance claims (life insurance claims take longer due to wills and probate queries).
4. Our Product Benefits
Here are some of the valuable benefits that you automatically get when you start a new Term Life Insurance plan with us.
Flexibility – change your benefits
If your circumstances unexpectedly change within 5 years of starting your plan, you can amend your cover.
Major Life Events - Increase Cover Without Health Questions
With Guaranteed Insurability, you can increase your cover when these major life events happen before you are age 55, without having to answer more health questions:
- Get married or become a registered civil partner,
- Have or legally adopt a child,
- Take out a new mortgage, or
- Get an increase in salary
Children's Cover - As Standard
Your children are automatically protected with €6,000 life cover and specified illness cover from when they are born up to age 21.
Take a look at how our protection benefits compare with our competitors – based on an independent review by the National Consumer Agency.
5. You're in safe hands
- Over 75 years protecting families in Ireland
- Taking care of over 1 million customers
- Now part of the Great-West Lifeco group of companies, one of the world’s leading life assurance organisations.