Irish Life is the No. 1 Life Insurer based on market share in 2017*. Here’s a look at some of the reasons why more people choose us to protect their families than anyone else.
You're in good hands
- Irish Life has over 75 years protecting families in Ireland.
- We take care of more than 1 million customers.
- We’re part of the Great-West LifeCo group of companies, one of the world’s leading life assurance organisations.
Our Claims Promise
We consistently pay the most life and specified illness claims in Ireland.
In 2017 alone we paid
- Over €187.8 million in claims to over 2,500 customers and their families
- 98% of life cover claims
- 90% of specified illness cover claims (96% for malignant cancer specified illness claims, which accounts for 60% of total serious illness cover)
*Source: Irish Life 2017
Our Life insurance plans also some practical benefits that you and your family can use straight away – like NurseCare, a 24 hour helpline giving you and your family valuable access to expert assistance and MedCare a second medical opinion service provided at no extra cost. Find our more on our LifeCare services here.
Protecting your family
Major Life Events - Increase Cover Without Health Questions
With Guaranteed Insurability, you can increase your cover when these major life events happen before the age of 55 without having to answer more health questions:
- Get married
- Have a child,
- Take out a new or extra mortgage
- Get an increase in salary
Children's Cover - As Standard
Your children are automatically protected with life cover and specified illness cover from birth. Maximum amounts and age restrictions apply.
*Source: 2016 Milliman Report